The birth of a polished gentleman
At Town Talk we’ve been developing the art of maintaining a sparkling home and gleaming, treasured possessions for over 120 years.
It began in the 1890s with an inventive English gent from Lancashire. Taking advantage of the local pure, soft Pennine water and the abundance of high-quality cotton woven in nearby mills, he developed a number of ingenious ways to clean and polish Victorian silverware.
He perfected one particular item - an impregnated silver polishing cloth. This was a novel combination of an already successful silver polishing liquid, and the soft cotton material so readily to hand.
Such were the benefits of this ingenious polishing cloth, it brought amazement to the many people who tried it. Its ease of use and effective anti-tarnish qualities led to it quickly becoming the 'talk of the town' and so, in 1895, 'The Town Talk Polish Company,' was founded. To this day, a Town Talk Silver Polishing Cloth is considered by silversmiths and professional jewellers the world over to be the finest available.
In the early 20th century, as Town Talk became more established, a celebrated artist developed the animated image of Mr Town Talk, the character seen in our brand logo. Knowledgeable, practical and ready to help at the drop of a hat, Mr Town Talk continues to represent our company values, epitomising our lasting commitment to the utmost in quality, customer service and ease of use.
Now, as a global brand, we’re incredibly proud that Town Talk continues to employ a local workforce. We manufacture our extensive range of silver, jewellery and home cleaning products –including our famous silver polishing cloth – in Lancashire in the United Kingdom.
Helping you to clean with ease
Our mission is to make cleaning a simple and pleasurable experience. Here’s how our products stand head and shoulders above the rest:
- We formulate luxury products made in England to give outstanding results every time.
- Each product in our household range is uniquely fragranced with a delicate aroma to make cleaning more enjoyable.
- It's important to us that our products look as good as they perform so they are packaged with style and personality.
- We don’t test any of our products on animals.
- Our labelling is clear, honest and safety compliant, so you can easily see what goes into our products.
- We use 100% recycled plastic for all our bottles and containers. The card and paper we use in our production processes is all recycled.
- We have achieved the stringent British Retail Consortium Global Standards, an internationally recognised mark of safety, quality and manufacturing best practice.
- We want everyone to use our products with peace of mind; we always meet our obligations under the latest REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals) Guidelines and the GHS (Globally Harmonized System) legislation.
Whatever the job at hand, whether it’s cleaning your antique silver cutlery, polishing a treasured diamond ring, or waxing a favourite piece of furniture, we’re confident that Town Talk offers you the most effective and safe cleaning solutions on the market. If you have any questions regarding our products, please visit our Ask Town Talk page, or get in touch on +44 1204 520014 / firstname.lastname@example.org